Sunday, August 23, 2009
Boy, I've got Christmas on the brain!! By the time it comes I likely won't want to see another Christmas card!! LOL I did this as a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers for the Featured Stamper Challenge. What this means is that I cased (copied and selectively edit) a card of another stamper. So I can't take all the credit for this one!
This is a pretty simple card, so here goes the description:
I used Whisper White cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with a new folder [available in the Holiday Mini Catalogue (you should get one soon)] called Plenty of Petals. I used the beautiful Organza ribbon (pg 183 IB&C 2009-2010). The snowflake is Sizzlet Die (pg 197 IB&C) cut from Garden Green cardstock. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (pg 145 IB&C), it's stamped in Garden Green Ink and punched out with the Word Window Punch (pg 186-7 IB&C). The elastic Silver Cord will also be available in the Holiday Mini.
Does it help if I put the page numbers in from the catalogue or is that just distracting?
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Dates: September 1-November 30, 2009
I'm excited to bring you this sweet deal for hostesses September through November:
- Host a workshop totaling $330 or more and choose any one item* from the 2009 Holiday Mini Catalogue for only $14!
*Offer excludes hostess sets and My Digital Studio.
After My Digital Studio is released, this offer will become even sweeter:
- Host a workshop of at least $525 and get My Digital Studio for 50 percent off the retail price (retail price: $106.95; promotional price: $53.47)!
- Hostesses who hold a workshop of $330 may choose any one item from the Holiday Mini catalogue for just $14.
- Items include stamp sets, accessories, Sizzix dies, etc.
- Items exclude Holiday Mini hostess sets and My Digital Studio.
- This promotion is not incremental. For example, a $660 workshop is not eligible for two $14 items, and an $1,050 workshop is not eligible for two copies of My Digital Studio at 50 percent off.
- After My Digital Studio is released, customers who hold a $525 workshop will be eligible for BOTH a $14 Holiday Mini item and 50-percent off My Digital Studio.
Friday, August 14, 2009
This is another card for the maybe Stamp A Stack. The colours I used are Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Mellow Moss and Confetti Cream as the neutral. The gold band behind the images is sticky strip on a thin strip of Soft Suede. I coated the Sticky Strip with gold embossing powder and then heated it. I hope that won't be too complicated for people to do. The images are from Pocket Silhouettes and Close as a Memory.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Additional stamp sets now available in French
August 4, 2009
We are excited to announce that we are supplementing the current stamp set offering in the Idea Book & Catalogue 2009-2010 with more French-language stamp sets. Two additional sets, Une rose pour toi (item 113524) and Une étoile est née (item 113540), are already available to order! Click here to see stamp artwork and prices.
In addition to these two sets, we are also currently working on adapting six more stamp sets-available this fall-into French. While these set aren't ready now, we can share which sets we are adapting and where they can be found in the catalogue:
- Herb Expressions, page 55
- Look Who's Turning, page 72
- Razzle Dazzle, page 94
- Sweet Birthday, page 208
- Sweet Season, page 29
- Wedding Sweet, page 48
Monday, August 3, 2009
The colours of this card are Not Quite Navy and More Mustard and the card base and image panel are Naturals Ivory. I used the Emboss resist technique on the main image and sponged NQN on and then spritzed it on with the colour spritzer tool.
The stamp set is the Hostess Level 3 Kind and Caring thoughts. I also used a jumbo grommet and linen thread.
I think I'll use this one for a Stamp a Stack which is tentative right now and if it doesn't happen, somebody's gonna get a nice Birthday Card!